Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I took these two photos a couple of nights ago.
These are different from most of the photos I've posted so far. I've been working on developing a personal style for myself. When I presented my current portfolio to my teacher and classmates, they decided that my work could be described as "whimsical". So I've been trying to go for that approach... 
I really like creating moods and atmospheres in photography. 
I'm looking to try and do more "artsy" photography as well as fashion in the next while.

I hope you like them!



11 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! I like both for different reasons and can't quite figure out which I like best...

    http://flossyblossom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful photo's. Again, you capture the "mood" so well. Bravo, Kate, bravo !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the nice comments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! How did you get the light in the first one? It's a great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Karen! I lit it from below using one of the star lights, actually (my speedlight wasn't working for me that night.) Then I enhanced the effect in Photoshop using the Lighting Effects filter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your welcome Kate. Was that Pascale that I saw?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kait that makes a lot of sense. I'm a photographer too and really love your work.

    ReplyDelete